Trout Architects, in working with AHJ Engineers was called upon to suggest appropriate measures to be taken to preserve the historic Christ Chapel while the Idaho Transportation Department replaced the Broadway Bridge. Construction on the Broadway Bridge had a significant impact on the neighboring buildings. The National Register listed chapel was built in 1866 on the corner of 7th and Bannock Streets in Boise, it was moved for the first time in 1902 and then again in 1966 to its current location on the Boise State University campus.
Trout Architects has provided a preservation plan and specified how to properly protect and secure key elements of the chapel throughout all stages of construction. The chapel was stabilized before bridge construction began. Protection was maintained while the bridge work took place and now the building has been returned to its current state once now that the new bridge is installed.