The Harriman Cottage built in the late 1940’s has been converted to a museum open for tours during the summer months. The interiors are as the Harriman’s left them after their final visit to Harriman Ranch.
Historic preservation work on the Cottage included re-pointing of original lava stone masonry, re-chinking of log work, re-glazing of original window panes and stabilization of the wood work on the window frames and sills. Structural elements that had been damaged or broken during the heavy snows were being repaired while temporary structural supports are installed during the winter months while the residence is closed to the public.
The rehabilitation and preservation aspect of the work is per the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Treatment of Historic Properties with the critical oversight, review and approval of the State Historic Preservation Office.
Design Team: Steve Trout, Elizabeth Young, Dave Bliss, Neil King